Dennys River Preserve
Description and Access
The historic Dennys River Sportsman’s Club and Preserve is a 53-acre parcel that has long been a favorite local spot for fishing and recreation for the people of Dennysville, Maine. The preserve has a recently renovated pavilion which is open for picnicking. The pavilion can be reserved for scheduled events with prior arrangement and donation by contacting DSF’s Columbia Falls office (phone, email, or website registration).

The restored clubhouse at the Dennys River Sportsman’s Club and Preserve
The land is open for fishing, hunting, birdwatching and hiking. Please follow the “Pack-It-In, Pack-It-Out” policy and keep motorized vehicles on the gravel road.

Aerial view of the the Dennys River Sportsman’s Club and Preserve
The preserve is accessed from Route 86 by turning onto Main Street in Dennysville, Maine and proceeding south for 0.8 mile to the DSF sign and entrance which will be on the left. Proceed 0.2 mile to the parking area, where there is ample room for many vehicles.
History and Background
The Dennys River Sportsman’s Club dates back almost a hundred years to its founding in 1936, when the Dennys River was known as “the outstanding fly-fishing salmon river of the nation”. During the first year, the club’s membership grew to over 750 members from all over the country. In the 1950s, club members built the clubhouse, and the large stone fireplace was later constructed in 1965.
Locator map not for trail use
County: Washington
Town: Dennysville
Acres: 53